Welcome!

Welcome to New Creation Doula Services! I am currently taking new clients. I was a full time doula for about 8 years, then took a 'break' for a few years while raising my own baby. Now that he's in school I'm back to taking doula clients on a part-time basis.

I have posted a lot of information for current and prospective clients to use. Take some time to look around. Feel free to call or email me with any questions, or to set up an initial meeting.

I have geared this website towards expecting mothers, so keep that in mind as you read. Please read more about doulas, my services, and birth photography by clicking on topics under "More Information..." in the sidebar. Topics include:
I'll share a little about me...
I, myself, was born at Shawnee Mission Medical Center back when there were no professional doulas! I grew up in several different suburbs of Kansas City, and graduated from high school at Kansas City Christian Academy.

My husband and I had our son in 2007. We took Bradley Method classes and planned a hospital birth due to some health complications of mine. I had a wonderful 22 hour labor, 18 hours of which were spent at home with family and our doula (of course!). I arrived at the hospital just as I started transition, pushed for about an hour and birthed our baby completely naturally. For me, it was the best of both worlds... despite my health complications, I had the closest thing to a homebirth in a hospital setting. I feel like I experienced a completely natural birth and a hospital birth at the same time! I breastfed the little guy for almost three years, so I love helping women learn to breastfeed successfully.

I have a B.S. in Dietetics and a B.S. in Public Health Nutrition from Kansas State University. I also studied medicinal herbs at PrairieWise Herbal School here in Kansas City for over a year. I like to incorporate my nutrition and herbal education into pregnancy, labor and postpartum care when appropriate.

I love gardening and growing all sorts of interesting vegetables, fruits, flowers and herbs organically. I enjoy reading about birth, labor, sustainable living, herbalism, farming, animals, organics, food, and now parenting and education. I also homeschool our three boys so it keeps me busy on a daily basis! I'm definitely a country girl stuck in the city! I like cooking, creating new recipes, eating at authentic ethnic restaurants, knitting and traveling.

I own Kansas City's oldest cloth diaper store, Teeny Greeny, which I started in 2008. We carry natural and eco-friendly baby products like cloth diapers, organic mattresses, custom made ring slings, safe feeding supplies, nursing supplies and wood toys. I have two locations in Overland Park, and I teach cloth diapering classes so ask me if you're interested!

I became a Certified Birth Doula through DONA International in 2004, while pursuing my passion for natural health and realizing my desire to support pregnant and laboring women. I provide emotional, physical and informational support to you during the entire birth process. My goals at your birth are that I support you in all your decisions, that you and your baby are healthy, and that you have a positive memory of your day.

I believe that God created women’s bodies with the awesome, unique ability to give birth, and I love assisting families through this experience. I have seen God carry me through difficult health issues of my own and chose Psalm 139:13-16 as my life verses back in high school. Amazing how well these also relate to my profession as a doula!

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."

Recommended Reading

  • "Ina May's Guide to Childbirth" by Ina May Gaskin
  • "The Complete Organic Pregnancy" by Deirdre Dolan and Alexandra Zissu
  • "Husband-Coached Childbirth" by Robert A. Bradley, MD
  • "The Birth Partner" by Penny Simkin
  • "The Doula Book" ("Mothering the Mother" - older verision) by Marshall & Phyllis Klaus
  • "Pregnancy, Childbirth and the Newborn" by Penny Simkin
  • "Wise Woman Herbal for the Childbearing Year" by Susun Weed
  • "The Natural Pregnancy Book" by Aviva Jill Romm
  • "The Complete Book of Pregnancy and Childbirth" by Sheila Kitzinger
  • "Obstretric Myths Versus Research Realities" by Henci Goer
  • "Your Amazing Newborn" by Marshall H. Klaus and Phyllis H. Klaus
  • "Vaccinations - A Thoughtful Parent's Guide" by Aviva Jill Romm
  • "Father's First Steps" by Robert Sears, MD and James Sears, MD