- Consultation to discuss what types of pictures you would like taken at your birth
- Plenty of pictures taken during your labor and birth
- 25-30 photos printed as 4x6 size prints
- All original photos are put onto a CD for you in jpeg format
- Prints and digital CD are given to you at your postpartum meeting
Reasons to Have a Birth Photographer:
- Capture once-in-a-lifetime moments.
- Preserve the memory of your birth for yourself, your baby, and friends and family.
- Get quality photos for albums and baby books without having to worry about taking them during labor and birth.
- Free your partner and family to focus on you during labor and birth.
- Include all of the important people in the photos!
- All printing is done for you and delivered to you, so you can stay home after the baby comes.
- Remember: you can always throw away or delete any photo you do not want to keep, but you cannot go back and preserve those moments after they happen!
Reasons to Have Your Doula Be Your Photographer:
- She will already be on-call and present for your birth.
- It is one less person in the room, and one less person to call when you go into labor.
- As a health professional, she will be more accepted by the medical staff.
- She is familiar with and trained in the process of birth, so she will know when it is okay to take a photo, and when it is not.
- The main action of the day is the actual birth and events surrounding it (for about 15-20 minutes) ~ during this time the medical staff is doing most of the work with the mom and baby, so it is a perfect time for the doula to be taking photos.
- My fee for birth photography is $150 if you are using me as your doula also, or $300 if you are just using me for birth photography. Both prices include printing photos and original jpeg files on a CD.
- Custom printed, leather-bound albums are available for additional cost.
- I have an album for viewing photos that I have taken at births. Please ask me to bring it to a prenatal meeting if you are interested in photography services.
- I use a digital SLR camera, and I will give you digital copies on CD, in jpeg format, of all pictures taken.
- I prefer to print the photos in black and white for births, due to the nature of the event. I find that it is easier to focus on the subject (baby, parents) when the colors are not distracting (nurses clothing, blood, etc.). We can discuss whether you would like your photos printed in color or black and white.
- Photos taken at your birth will not be used anywhere without your permission.