What My Clients Say

“Heather's quiet support enabled my husband and me to work together as a united team when my son was born. My husband and I would slow-dance while Heather massaged my back; what a great combination! With their constant support, I was able to get through labor with no pain meds, and it really helped my husband and me bond as we got ready to meet our new baby!”
Rachel Andresen
(2nd birth with Heather as our doula)

"I connected with Heather from our first prenatal meeting. She has a very peaceful and confident attitude which is what I was looking for to ensure a positive atmosphere at my daughter's birth. I homebirthed, and it was wonderful to have Heather show up in the midst of my labor and immediately help me with contractions, offer encouragement, and assist me with whatever I needed. She was a blessing to my husband and me. She also takes wonderful pictures!"
Alexis Losey
(1st birth - home/water birth)

"I can't say enough about how much Heather helped me at my birth. She helped in many ways, but most importantly, she helped me not lose hope when things looked dark. Her arrival really was the moment that turned that downhill situation around. And we now have a wonderful birth to remember, as well as a wonderful baby who got all the benefits of a natural birth."
Linda Wilson
(1st birth)
Read the rest of Linda's story here: Birth Story and Testimony to Doula Care by Linda Wilson.

"Heather was very calm and effective."
Grandmother at the birth of her first grandchild

"Heather is a compassionate, strong, knowledgeable, calm, soft-hearted person. She is great at finding out what you need, how you need it, when you need it. She helps make your birthing experience go the way you would like it to, with wise advice. And, if you want resources, she's got them!"
Merah Wright
(1st birth - birth at a birth center)

"Just Heather's presence at our son's birth was such a big comfort. I know at times there wasn't a lot she could do (since I wasn't allowed out of bed!), but trust me, she really did help. She helped make it a special and relaxing experience. We really appreciated all she did, and it meant a lot to us that she was there."
Ashley Gibson
(2nd birth)

Recommended Reading

  • "Ina May's Guide to Childbirth" by Ina May Gaskin
  • "The Complete Organic Pregnancy" by Deirdre Dolan and Alexandra Zissu
  • "Husband-Coached Childbirth" by Robert A. Bradley, MD
  • "The Birth Partner" by Penny Simkin
  • "The Doula Book" ("Mothering the Mother" - older verision) by Marshall & Phyllis Klaus
  • "Pregnancy, Childbirth and the Newborn" by Penny Simkin
  • "Wise Woman Herbal for the Childbearing Year" by Susun Weed
  • "The Natural Pregnancy Book" by Aviva Jill Romm
  • "The Complete Book of Pregnancy and Childbirth" by Sheila Kitzinger
  • "Obstretric Myths Versus Research Realities" by Henci Goer
  • "Your Amazing Newborn" by Marshall H. Klaus and Phyllis H. Klaus
  • "Vaccinations - A Thoughtful Parent's Guide" by Aviva Jill Romm
  • "Father's First Steps" by Robert Sears, MD and James Sears, MD